Carntogher Community Library
(Opening times: Mon – Fri 9am – 5.30pm, Sat 9.30 – 4.00pm)
An Carn Community library is open to all sections of the community and has been established thanks to funding received by DARD’s Rural Challenge Programme and the generosity of many people who have kindly donated books in both English and Irish.
The Irish language section will aim to develop and improve the level and fluency of Irish among the Irish-speaking community in the area, in all age-groups from primary school to adults. It will also support the parents of pupils in Irish-medium education and support learners of Irish in the area.
- English Books (The books cover a wide range of interests with a selection of fiction/nonfiction, thrillers, Irish history & interest, autobiographies, travel, home & garden, political, children’s plus much more.)
- Irish language books
- Youth section (reading material, games, CD-ROMs etc in Irish for age-groups up to 15-16 years old)
- Irish-medium education section (books, resources and support material in Irish relevant to curriculum subjects)
- Learner section (learning resources, courses, dictionaries, audiovisual resources etc)
- Adult section (general reading material, reference books, newspapers & magazines, etc)
- Audio Books
- Community Information
- Internet (4 workstations with Broadband access)
- Music - CDs
- Daily Newspapers and Magazines
- Car Parking
- Disabled Access
- Fax Service
It is easy. Just call into An Carn Resource centre and fill in a simple registration form. More information contact Claire on 028 7954 9978.